CORONAVIRUS MESSAGE FROM THE PASTOR
Please know that the pastor and the leadership of the church are doing everything humanly possible to respond to this Coronavirus. We are a people of FAITH and we do not walk in fear, yet at the same time, our commitment “To Love God and Serve People” has always had the well-being of our worshippers at the heart of our serving God.
We have made hand sanitizers available throughout the church, and we have ordered disposable communion cups. We are striving to follow the regulations of the CDC, and here is a list of some of the precautions we suggest you follow in and around our church:
- NO HANDSHAKING! Use a fist bump, slight bow, elbow bump, etc.
- Use ONLY your knuckle to touch light switches, elevator buttons etc., Lift the gasoline dispenser with a paper towel or use a disposable glove.
- Open doors with your closed fist or hip – do not grasp the handle with your hand, unless there is no other way to open the door. Especially important on bathroom and post office/commercial doors.
- Use disinfectant wipes at the stores when they are available, including wiping the handle and child seat in grocery carts.
- Wash your hands with soap for 10-20 seconds and/or use a greater than 60% alcohol-based hand sanitizer whenever you return home from ANY activity that involves locations where other people have been.
- Keep a bottle of sanitizer available at each of your home’s entrances AND in your car for use after getting gas or touching other contaminated objects when you can’t immediately wash your hands.
- If possible, cough or sneeze into a disposable tissue and discard. Use your elbow only if you must. The clothing on your elbow will contain infectious virus that can be passed on for up to a week or more!
Prayerfully, these are some steps that will help us during this coronavirus pandemic. As always, we will PRAY for one another and that a remedy will soon be found for this virus.
Peace and love,
Reverend Charles W. Quann, Pastor